Expat Tax Filing Extension Services

Need more time to file your Expat tax return?

Take the worry out of June 15th deadlines. Save time and avoid penalties when we file for you.

Countries have different dates for filing tax returns, making it challenging to complete your U.S. expat tax obligations on time. At Mir Taxes, we can request an extension on your behalf and ensure the IRS receives it; no wondering if the mail got through when we can do it online for you. 

If you have received any income at all from any source, you are required to file a Federal tax return. As a U.S. citizen living abroad, you receive an automatic extension from April 15th to June 15th. But if you need more time, you have to complete Form 4868 to avoid penalties. As tax agents, we can file this online for you, saving you time and money.

A US Expat woman working outside on computer in Europe.

At Mir Taxes, we know the tax laws in all fifty states and are here to help you take the stress out of meeting your tax obligations when traveling abroad.

Why work with Mir Taxes

We have lived abroad too.

Having worked as an Expat Tax Agent abroad for many clients, CEO Carl Mir knows how easy it can be to forget about tax obligations back home. He has created a system that ensures all your tax obligations are met with ease and efficiency.

Free filing of extensions for existing clients

We will file your extension for free when you choose us to complete your taxes: no fuss, no hassle, all of your reporting in one place. We act on behalf of individuals, couples, self-employed and small business owners abroad, wherever that may be.

Safe and Secure Filing

Our password protected collection system, ensures your information remains safe and private. It also stays in one place for easy referral.

Personalized service

From start to finish, we work one-on-one with our clients year on. No need to repeat your story every year; we value our relationships with our clients highly. You can rest easy knowing your tax obligations will be met on time and with accuracy.

We take the hassle out of filing for Americans living overseas with a comprehensive service that is easy to use and thoroughly explained. Common questions we are asked about tax filing extensions include:

If you have access to IRS e-file software, you can file it online yourself, or we can file it for you. Otherwise, Form 4868 has to be mailed along with any payment by a private delivery service. We take the hassle out of completing forms and file them on time for you.

Yes, you may still have to file a form 1040, even if you have not earned any income in the U.S. while living overseas. However, you can file for an extension if you do not have time to file a tax return. We can help you decide when and what you need to file. 

The IRS allows for U.S. Persons living abroad to file an additional extension until December 15th. However, this entails additional steps. First, a letter must be written to the IRS. The letter must request an extension to December 15. The letter must also be postmarked by October 15 for the IRS to accept it. However, waiting until December 15 to complete the tax return would mean that it would not qualify any longer to be electronically filed and would need to be mailed to the IRS. This is not the most efficient method because of the uncertainties of international deliveries and the additional expenses. Mir Taxes will complete this extension however it will be invoiced.

Avoid penalties for late filing and book an appointment with us today to ensure your request for an extension is received before Tax Day. 

Ready to schedule a consultation?

Send us a message.

You are being asked to call at the time appointed. The phone number provided is in Belgium. Will you be calling from Europe or in the US? From the US, the number to call would be 1-919-960-1499.